Sunday 27 November 2011

LAGOS STYLE WEEK......Messiest of all!!!



The most anticipated event in recent times LAGOS STYLE WEEK kicked off yesterday. And trust me, it was a huge failure!!!  This is the messiest I've seen in recent times. Was it that they didn't have proper planning or what?? cos I really can't seem to wrap this around anything. 1 or 2 itches is inevitable in an event, but when we start counting and lose counts, then something is definitely wrong somewhere. The event was scheduled  to start at 2pm, and to my utmost dismay, didn't start until 8.10pm and The seats were still empty as at 7.20pm. I was almost forced to advice the organisers to drive a Coaster bus to The Palms and bring in crowd to fill the empty seats, anyways, I kept my cool. But what i can't fathom is, didn't they give the designers invites to give
out to their guest?? Or was it like they couldn't afford a proper PR person??? Really, the thought of this is sickening and nauseating.
      Another sad story was that of The DJ, trust me, he was a huge wreak havoc to the event, he totally bore the hell out of the audience with rap songs, Gosh! who does that?? Even to the extent that the woman who was sitting next to me had to whisper to my ear thinking I was one of the organisers '' Are you one of the organisers?? Can you please tell the DJ to play another cool song instead of Raps??'' She said with a smirk look on her face and I said smoothly and silky with a clipped accent ''Sorry, I'm  a Guest too''.
        And after we thought he had come back to his right senses by playing some cool Nigerian songs and understanding this is Lagos Style week and not Lagos Carnival , He goes intermittent again and the dissonant noises from the models shoes heels almost deafened us.
   As if that wasn't enough, The Incubator management had to switch off their power generating machine at a point, which I'm sure was due to the fact that their bargained time was up. And at this time they were still about 4 designers to showcase. and when the light came back on , I spotted the DJ  packing up his equipments already and I hurriedly walked up to him to ask why he was packing up when they're still more designers to showcase ''Oga DJ why you dey pack now??'' I said and immediately he replied '' Ah Oga me I don dey pack be dat'' Worriedly I questioned him again '' But they're still more designers to showcase and songs has to be playing while the models struts the runway'' I said, and he snapped '' Make una dey clap Now!!!'' On that spot i just lost hope. Well, this is Day 1 of the 2 Days style week, Lets keep our fingers crossed and see what happens today!!!!
THE HALL AS AT 7.20PM



No comments:

Post a Comment